In the Optimization Experiment
AnyLogic allows the use of the top-level agent root on the requirements expression and does not allow the use of the top-level agent root on the constraints.
Although they mention in the AnyLogic help that root can be used in the constraints expression, the help is wrong, root can not be used. Please check the answer to this question:
Error - can not use root. in the constraints expression - AnyLogic
So, in this case, to avoid the root error: use requirements or change your constraints, so they do not need access to root.
If I change my constraints, so they do not need access to root, I will need to reduce the number of parameters (decision variables) which I'm trying to avoid as much as possible till I discover that there is no way else.
However, I'm afraid that if I used the requirements instead of the constraints, this would reduce the optimization performance. As you know, the constraints reduce the search space (this is mentioned in the help, too), but they did not mention if the requirement does the same (although they mentioned that requirements help in guiding to the solution):
"A requirement can also be a restriction on a response that requires its value to fall within a specified range."
Does this mean that the requirement is exactly the same as the constraint (in terms of reducing the search space)?
According to the above-mentioned, if I used requirement instead of constraints (because it is not allowed to use root in the constraints expression), what is the effect on the performance?