CR/LF as line terminator in Synapse data flow using delimited text as a sink

Viewed 86

I am using a data flow in Synapse, the sink is Delimited text. I have to provide the output to a system that expects CR/LF (\r\n) as the row terminator.

Default (\r,\n, or \r\n)

returns \n (LF) only as the row terminator in all of my tests. Has anyone had this requirement and found a work around?

2 Answers

In DataFlow mapping for separating rows in Delimited text format there are certain default values:

  • To Read from file: "\r\n", "\r," or "\n"
  • To Write in file: "\n"

To workaround try by manually adding in dataflow script and running the pipeline.

rowDelimiter: '\r\n'

enter image description here

[pratiklad] (https://stackoverflow.com/users/18043699/pratiklad) has it right. As odd as it sounds CR/LF is not supported in data flow in sink. Seems the best I can do, if I am using a data flow, is to out to my storage account, then use copy activity to open the file and re-write it adding the CR/LF (\r\n).

Related