Hello Lovely People of SO,
I hope you guys are having a great day!
I have the following dataset
| REGION | ID | STATUS |
|---|---|---|
| DC | 1 | NEW |
| ED | 2 | NEW |
| FR | 3 | OLD |
| FR | 4 | NEW |
| GI | 5 | OLD |
| GI | 6 | OLD |
| GY | 7 | NEW |
| GY | 8 | OLD |
| GY | 9 | OLD |
| GY | 10 | OLD |
| GY | 11 | OLD |
| GY | 12 | NEW |
| RT | 13 | NEW |
| TX | 14 | NEW |
| TX | 15 | NEW |
I will first want to know how to use DAX to calculate the percentage of ID with STATUS ="OLD" by REGION
Intuitivatly in Python I can group by REGION and then summarize the number of OLD and NEW STATUS but here in PBI DAX things are not somewhat stright forward yet for me since I am learning so thanks you for helping my out with that, my main goal is to create a bar chart that will show the percentage of OLD STATUS by REGION and add a horizontal line that will display the global average of percentages, this is my own data summary
and my desired viz would look like this:
but I have no clue was to how to do that in dax in power bi thank you so much if you guys can help me out If you can reference some code online to do this or if there is a special bulti-in function to calculate this horizontal line thanks a million I will be super attentive to all of your comments





