I have some data about how Apples exchange to Oranges in 5 periods in a market.
Period = 1:5;
Apple = [1 2 6 20 3];
Orange = [20 4 15 1 18];
Apple2OrangeExchangeRate = Apple.\Orange
plot(Period,Apple2OrangeExchangeRate,'o-')
The variable Apple2OrangeExchangeRate describes in each period how Apples exchange to Oranges. For example, In the first period, 1 Apples exchange to 20 Oranges; and in the forth period, 20 Apples exchange to 1 Orange.
Next, I want to plot the Apple2OrangeExchangeRate in a line graph. In fact, the outcome in the first period and the forth period is symmetrical, because one is 1Apple:20Oranges, and the other is 20Apples:1Orange. If I set Apple2OrangeExchangeRate=1 as the axis of symmetry, they are be of equal status.

But in my line graph the first period(rate=20) is too prominent, and the forth period(rate=1/20) is too inconspicuous. So, for example, how can I make "20:1" and "1:20" look equal in a line graph?
Period = 1:5;
Apple=[3 0 2 0 1];
Orange = [1 1 0 0 3];
Apple2OrangeExchangeRate=[1/3 0 0 0 3];
plot(Period,Apple2OrangeExchangeRate,'o-')
Maybe I can 'scale' the largest data(In this case is '3') into '2'(but still keep the orginal data in Y axe)? So '0' and '3' are symmetric about '1'.
