I'm trying to create a reusable slider. I'm having trouble to set implicit sizes correctly so that the CustomSlider includes the Slider and the Label. I would like to have a implicit size specified, but let the user set a width for the slider itself.
I tried using childrenRect but that gives me a binding loop error. How can I have the yellow background span across all the components: the slider and the green label?
CustomSlider.qml
Item {
id: root
property int startval: 0
property int endval: 20
property int sliderWidth: 200
// This results in binding loop
//implicitHeight: childrenRect.height
implicitHeight: control.height + label.height
implicitWidth: sliderWidth
Rectangle {
color: "yellow"
width: root.width
height: root.height
}
Slider {
id: control
stepSize: 1
anchors.centerIn: parent
snapMode: Slider.SnapOnRelease
width: root.sliderWidth
from: root.startval
to: root.endval
handle: Rectangle {
id: handleId
x: control.visualPosition * (control.width - width)
y: (control.height - height) / 2
width: 20
height: 20
radius: 20
color: "gray"
}
background: Rectangle {
y: (control.height - height) / 2
height: 4
radius: 2
color: "green"
Rectangle {
width: control.visualPosition * parent.width
height: parent.height
color: "red"
radius: 2
}
}
}
Label {
id: label
width: 20
height: 20
text: control.value
font.pixelSize: 15
color: "black"
x: handleId.x + control.x
y: handleId.y - 20
Rectangle {
color: "green"
anchors.fill: parent
opacity: 0.3
}
}
}
Main.qml
CustomSlider {
anchors.centerIn: parent
startval: 0
endval: 10
//sliderWidth: 100
}



