Does anyone know if vscode publishes schema for launch.json or any other json files. I've found tasks.json, but can't find any other json files.
Does anyone know if vscode publishes schema for launch.json or any other json files. I've found tasks.json, but can't find any other json files.
the tasks schema is generated at runtime
Our schema isn't entirely static, we build it at runtime. Some things are easy to document (like dependsOn) but others, like tasks types, are added to the schema based on what extensions, included built in extensions are installed. So in addition to the types you list, you could have many more from installed extensions.
VS Code does provide a reference page for general properties of tasks.json.
Pretty much the same goes for launch.json. The schema is language-specific and documentation can be found in each of the corresponding language documentation pages under their documentation. Ex. nodejs, c++, python.
A lot of actual json schema files can be found at schemastore.org, but I don't think that can be said for tasks.json and launch.json.