I'm working to analyze a Status Change over time. I have a large table in Excel as:
| ID | Date | Status |
|---|---|---|
| 01 | Aug-01 | Pending |
| 01 | Aug-02 | Pending |
| 01 | Aug-03 | Pending |
| 02 | Aug-01 | Pending |
| 02 | Aug-02 | Pending |
| 02 | Aug-03 | Assigned |
There are thousands of rows of source data... I am only looking at data from the past 7 days. Essentially I'm looking for change activity since the last status report.
I use Power query to read the table and then pivot the data so I get the following results:
| ID | Aug-01 | Aug-02 | Aug-03 |
|---|---|---|---|
| 01 | Pending | Pending | Pending |
| 02 | Pending | Pending | Assigned |
I only expect a dozen or so rows (ID's) to be reported each week with an ever changing set of pivoted date columns as we progress through the year.
I want to get rid of the rows of data where each column is exactly the same... Each day has a full set of data including historically closed items. I only want to see data where there is a change in the series from the original table.
I'd be happy to do it prior to the Pivot, honestly that may be the better approach, but I don't understand how to remove rows where based upon the ID and the Date where the Status doesn't change.
I'm currently pushing the data from the Pivot
Any suggestions would be so appreciated!
Thanks Rob
