I have a class Receipt.php
<?php
namespace TDD;
class Receipt {
private $user_id = 1;
private $pending_amount;
public function total(array $items = []){
$items[] = $this->pending();
return array_sum($items);
}
public function tax($amount,$tax){
return $amount * $tax;
}
private function pending()
{
$sql = 'select pending_amount from Pending_transtions where user_id =' . $this->user_id . ' limit 1;';
//$pending_amt = $this->mainDb->get_sql_row($sql);
//$this->pending = $pending_amt['pending_amount'];
return $this->pending_amount = 45;
}
public function addTaxPending($tax){
return $this->pending_amount * $tax;
}
}?>
And in my PHPUnit file, ReceiptTest.php
<?php
namespace TDD\Test;
require(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'vendor'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'autoload.php';
use PHPUnit\Framework\TestCase;
use TDD\Receipt;
class ReceiptTest extends TestCase{
public function setUp(): void {
$this->Receipt = new Receipt();
}
public function tearDown(): void{
unset($this->Receipt);
}
public function testTotal(){
$input = [0,2,5,8];
$output = $this->Receipt->total($input);
$this->assertEquals(15,$output,"this is not valid");
}
public function testTax(){
$inputAmount = 10.00;
$inputTax = 0.10;
$output = $this->Receipt->tax($inputAmount,$inputTax);
$this->assertEquals(1.0,$output,"this tax expecting 1.0");
}
}?>
question:
How to ignore internal calling function pending() because it fetches data from DB. At the same time I want to access the property of $this->pending_amount.
Here Pending() must be private function.
How can I achieve that? I am looking for your valuable solutions