I have a nestjs app using prisma, with following postgresql table:
Table "public.Transaction"
Column | Type |
-------+-------------------+
id | integer |
amount | double precision |
date | date |
In prisma, I defined the table as this:
model Transaction {
id Int @id @default(autoincrement())
amount Float
date DateTime @db.Date
Since I am using postgresql, I need to pass a date with 'YYYY-MM-DD' format.
I am trying to pass this format as a string:
const createdTransaction = await this.prisma.transaction.create({
data: {
amount: 3333,
date: '2022-11-22',
},
});
But I get following error:
Argument date: Got invalid value '2022-11-22' on prisma.createOneTransaction. Provided String, expected DateTime.
I know I have to pass a Date type, but using the javascript formatting, everything ends up in a string.
What value should I pass to date within nestjs?
Because if I use new Date(2022,11,22), it is accepted by prisma, but this is stored as Thu Dec 22 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time), a string, which is not what postgresql expects.