Rate Limiting the queue receiver in Azures Service Bus Queues

Viewed 29

I have to apply a rate limit of 5 messages per sec on my queue receiver, this rate limit should work even if the receiver is available on multiple deployed pods. Is there a way to apply rate limit on queue receiver in Azure Service Bus Queues?

I want to apply similar implementation that is provided by Bull Queue in Azure Service Bus Queues, i.e.

// Limit queue to max 5 jobs per 1 second.
const myRateLimitedQueue = new Queue('rateLimited', {
  limiter: {
    max: 5,
    duration: 1000
  }
});

Is there a workaround to do the same thing in Azure Service Bus Queue.

I am using @azure/service-bus package in my node js project.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answers

Azure Service Bus does not provide rate limiting.

You could raise a feature request with the product team by opening an issue.

Related