I'm using NextJS with TanStack Query (formerly ReactQuery). TanStack Query acts as a cache between my NextJS app and the data stored in the backend.
I was previously doing SSR only, but I'm complementing it with TanStack Query for optimistic updates. I previously needed to fetch data on getServerSideProps for every "detail" page, but now I'm thinking that I could skip some of those fetches since I already have the data in the cache and it's still fresh.
For example. Let's say we have a TODO app. When I visit /todo/id_1 for the first time, it's nice to have SSR to send the page already rendered to the client. If I go somewhere else, and come back to /todo/id_1, I know for a fact that the contents of that TODO hasn't changed, but I still need to go through SSR.
Would there be a way to skip SSR in that case?
I was hoping I could to something like the following:
<Link href={`/todo/${id}`} skipSsr={cachedTodo[id].notStale} />