Cannot clone private repo in which I am an admin even with SSH keys / OAUTH

Viewed 42

I use GitKraken with OAUTH and work often with private repositories without issue. I was recently invited to a repo that is owned by an organization and is private. I am an admin on the repository. It appears forking is disabled but what is strange is when I try to clone it, I receive the following popup:

Clone Failed

It also doesn't show up in my list of available repositories though the rest of my private repos do appear. Trying to figure out if there is some odd organizational permission I need to get fixed.

1 Answers

It is best to switch back (temporarily, for testing) to command-line and check what origin is:

cd /path/to/repo
git remote -v

Make sure it is an SSH GitHub URL (git@github.com:me/myRepo)

You can test its access (even without cloning it) with:

git ls-remote git@github.com:me/myRepo
Related