Spyder iPython console stuck at "Connecting to kernel..."

Viewed 41

I am running Anaconda on a Windows 10 machine. When starting Spyder, the iPython console is stuck at "Connecting to kernel...". This appeared after my vacation - before the vacation I downgraded Spyder because the Python input() function was broken in the latest Spyder version. However, the following issue seems to appear no matter of which Spyder version I am using (currently 5.2.2).

On the other hand, if ipython is started from conda prompt it works fine.

I have tried the following suggestions that I found in multiple similar questions here on Stackoverflow, but to no avail:

  • Completely removing Anaconda and installing latest version.
  • Downgrading pyzmq to version 16.0.3 (this fails, Solving environment: failed)
  • Updating pyzmq to latest version
  • Updating ipykernel to latest version
  • Running spyder --reset

Any other suggestions?

1 Answers

This is really silly, but it seems like rebooting the computer fixed it.

Related