I have the following code:
#include <algorithm>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <vector>
#include <unordered_map>
using namespace std;
vector<vector<string>> findAnagrams(vector<string> wordlist) {
vector<vector<string>> result;
unordered_map<string, vector<string>*> indexes;
for (const string& word : wordlist) {
string wordSorted = word;
sort(wordSorted.begin(), wordSorted.end()); // <= This line break everything
auto index = indexes.find(wordSorted);
if (index == indexes.end()) {
vector<string> vec = { word };
result.push_back(vec);
indexes[wordSorted] = &vec;
} else {
index->second->push_back(word);
}
}
return result;
}
int main()
{
vector<string> wordlist = {"eat", "tea", "tan", "ate", "nat", "bat", "test", "estt"};
auto result = findAnagrams(wordlist);
for (const auto& vec : result) {
for (const auto& word : vec) {
cout << word << " ";
}
cout << endl;
}
return 0;
}
This code detects all anagrams in a list of given words.
As my comment says, when I sort wordSorted using std::sort, it breaks everything and my code ends with a bad_alloc. As if the std::sort manipulates the memory outside of wordSorted. If I remove this specific line, the code "works" (the result is obviously wrong, but it does what it should do).
How it is possible? What am I missing?