Error when running meta-analysis of LCIA methods notebook

Viewed 25

I am learning Brightway2 and I have been doing the notebooks from the brightway2 Github repo. So far all notebooks I have done have run smoothly, I am stuck in one concerning Meta-analysis of LCA methods, more specifically when running line [8].

This line computes 50.000 LCA calculations and times them. Here is the code:

from time import time
start = time()
lca_scores, methods, activities = get_lots_of_lca_scores()
print(time() - start)</code>

This enters into a never-ending loop, with the following message repeating:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/.../miniconda3/envs/bw2_rosetta/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/process.py", line 315, in _bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/Users/.../miniconda3/envs/bw2_rosetta/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/process.py", line 108, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/Users/.../miniconda3/envs/bw2_rosetta/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 114, in worker
    task = get()
  File "/Users/.../miniconda3/envs/bw2_rosetta/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 368, in get
    return _ForkingPickler.loads(res)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'many_activities_one_method' on <module '__main__' (built-in)>

I tried looking at the called functions def many_activities_one_method(activities, method) and def get_lots_of_lca_scores(). But I had no luck and when I make changes I have the feeling I make things worse.

Here is my question: Has anyone tried this notebook and worked successfully? What could I be missing?

*Note: I have done the required notebook Getting started with Brightwway2

Thank you!

1 Answers

The notebook has been updated to remove this error.

Related