Native SSO on AWS Cognito using Okta IdP

Viewed 38

Does anyone know if Cognito supports Okta native SSO? I am trying to integrate with an AWS Cognito flow using Okta as an external idP.

You can find more on the design on Okta SSO.

-- I am working on a solution that authenticates an embedded view in a mobile app without needing to show any prompt to the user if they are already logged in. A web-SSO flow will trigger an "iOS prompt" every time the embedded view is being accessed. This embedded view is from a third party that uses Cognito while the mobile app uses Okta.

Here's more info on the prompt -https://developer.okta.com/blog/2022/01/13/mobile-sso

1 Answers

Cognito works with Okta based on browser communication, regardless what you choose: SAML or OIDC integration between Cognito and Okta.

So if you envision that you'll get this flow invoked through a browser, I don't see any difference between native or web-SSO.

But if you hope to use a token obtained from Okta through native-SSO to sign-into Cognito, I'd lean towards saying "no".

Maybe someone with real experience corrects me though.

Related