I would like to iterate through a list of lists inserting a date into each list's index [0] at the beginning of the list.
Basically, 'Here' is where I want the date located:
for x in numlist:
x.insert(0,"Here")
print(x)
['Here', 16, 22, 25, 37, 40]
['Here', 18, 19, 21, 25, 30]
['Here', 20, 22, 33, 34, 39]
One list consists of Strings and the other is a list of lists.
for x in daylist:
print(x)
2022-11-14
2022-11-15
<class 'str'>
for x in numlist:
print(x)
[10, 17, 21, 30, 31]
[12, 14, 15, 34, 41]
<class 'list'>
I've been able to zip the lists together, but I would like to have that date as actually part of the numbers so when I iterate through the lists they're as one.
Eventually, I may want to add other fields to it as well so each element in the list consists of the numbers, the date, and an id number too maybe.
masterlist = [j for i in zip(daylist,numlist) for j in i]
print(masterlist)
OUTPUT: ['2022-08-07', [16, 22, 25, 37, 40], '2022-08-08', [18, 19, 21, 25, 30], '2022-08-09', [20, 22, 33, 34, 39],
I feel like I am fairly close, but nested for loops don't seem to work too well and I am just tired of guessing anymore :). It's been a while since I used python.
Thanks.