Quarto Render not Rendering

Viewed 558

I am trying out Quarto, I am using R version 4.2.1. When I go to RStudio, File -> New File -> Quarto Document and create a new document, when I try to render via the RStudio Render button, I get the error 'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable progam or batch file

I have tried installing R in a directory which has no white space in the installation path, but this did not resolve the issue.

enter image description here

UPDATE: on doing quarto check as suggested in comment gave me

enter image description here

Not sure what that means, but I was able to solve the problem by ensuring my qmd quarto file did not have white space in its name (replaced white space with underscores. The error then went away.

2 Answers

On changing my qmd file name, from HVL campaign.qmd to HVL_campaign.qmd (removing the white space), the rendering works. The error message was misleading though, that may need to get looked at...?

This error pops up if there is a space anywhere in the filepath unfortunately. I am running into this error when I try to make a new project in a directory that has a filepath with a space (thanks onderive...)

Related