I've been using Selenium with the Edge Driver for some time. I've been instantiating my Edge Driver by specifying the executable_path= parameter with no issues. However, I recently switched my web automation project to use the webdriver_manager, i.e., webdriver_manager.microsoft import EdgeChromiumDriverManager. Now, when I command the driver to navigate to any webpage - it opens for one second, then immediately closes. The current troubleshooting step I'm on is ensuring that the Edge Driver I'm using (the one downloaded by using the webdriver_manager module) is compatible with my current OS Version, but now I'm stumped. I don't know how to find which MS Edge Driver is compatible/correct for my current OS build - I see no patterns when comparing the two, e.g.:
My current OS:
The webdriver downloaded by the webdriver_manager:
And here is a link to all MS Edge Drivers:
https://msedgewebdriverstorage.z22.web.core.windows.net/
So, how do I find the Edge Driver that is "right" for my OS? When I look at these two numbers: OS build - 22000.795 and Edge webdriver version - 103.0.1264.77; I see no pattern or way of determining which driver is compatible. Maybe, I'm using the webdriver_manager module improperly? I know I can use the executable path, but I'm under the impression that using the webriver_manager automates the install of new releases for you so you don't have to update your script to new edge drivers in the future.
For additional context, here is my code (using Facebook's domain just as an example):
from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.edge.service import Service as EdgeService
from webdriver_manager.microsoft import EdgeChromiumDriverManager
driver = webdriver.Edge(service = EdgeService(EdgeChromiumDriverManager().install()))
driver.get('https://facebook.com')

