I have some trouble with LIKE and COALESCE in a Doctrine request (not 100% sure that the trouble is there).
I would like to search inside a database with a filter that match only if exist, and only with a part of the value (for example find 'abc' with the filter set to 'ab').
This request works fine :
public function findUsers($entreprise, $filtres)
{
$filtre_name = $filtres['name'];
return $this->createQueryBuilder('users')
->where('users.entreprise = :entreprise')
->andWhere('users.name = COALESCE(:filtre_name, users.name)')
->setParameter('entreprise', $entreprise)
->setParameter('filtre_name', $filtre_name)
->orderBy('users.name', 'ASC')
->getQuery()
->getResult();
}
It return all the users of the company "entreprise" where "filtre_name" match (if not null) with "name" in the database. (If "filtre_name" is null, then the where match for all the database thanks to COALESCE).
I would like now to do the same thing but with "LIKE" instead of "=" because for now the name has to match perfectly and I would like a match for "abc" with only "ab" inside the filter for example.
public function findUsers($entreprise, $filtres)
{
$filtre_name = $filtres['name'];
return $this->createQueryBuilder('users')
->where('users.entreprise = :entreprise')
->andWhere('users.name LIKE COALESCE(:filtre_name, users.name)')
->setParameter('entreprise', $entreprise)
->setParameter('filtre_name', '%'.$filtre_name.'%')
->orderBy('users.name', 'ASC')
->getQuery()
->getResult();
}
The result is an error : "Warning: Undefined property: Doctrine\ORM\Query\AST\CoalesceExpression::$type".