I have inherited a small CDK project that features a cdk.context.json file:
{
"vpc-provider:account=9015xxxxxxxx:filter.tag:Name=preprod-eu-west-1:region=eu-west-1:returnAsymmetricSubnets=true": {
"vpcId": "vpc-0d891xxxxxxxxxxxx",
"vpcCidrBlock": "172.35.0.0/16",
"availabilityZones": [],
"subnetGroups": [
{
"name": "Private",
"type": "Private",
"subnets": [
{
"subnetId": "subnet-0ad04xxxxxxxxxxxx",
"cidr": "172.35.a.0/22",
"availabilityZone": "eu-west-1b",
"routeTableId": "rtb-0fee4xxxxxxxxxxxx"
},
{
"subnetId": "subnet-08598xxxxxxxxxxxx",
"cidr": "172.35.z.0/22",
"availabilityZone": "eu-west-1c",
"routeTableId": "rtb-0f477xxxxxxxxxxxx"
}
]
},
{
"name": "Public",
"type": "Public",
"subnets": [
{
"subnetId": "subnet-0fba3xxxxxxxxxxxx",
"cidr": "172.35.y.0/22",
"availabilityZone": "eu-west-1b",
"routeTableId": "rtb-02dfbxxxxxxxxxxxx"
},
{
"subnetId": "subnet-0a3b8xxxxxxxxxxxx",
"cidr": "172.35.x.0/22",
"availabilityZone": "eu-west-1c",
"routeTableId": "rtb-02dfbxxxxxxxxxxxx"
}
]
}
]
}
}
This works fine for the preprod environment it connects to, but I now need to deploy to production. I could generate the same file by hand, but this feels like a waste of time - I suspect this is a generated file.
I have tried cdk context --build in the hope that it would produce this file, but it seems not - it appears just to echo the preprod one that already exists. What can I do to avoid having to hand-build this (and to avoid all the guessing which VPCs and subnets it wants)?