Using Autofac Dependency injection I'm attempting to resolve a service inside of a parallel operation and keep it thread safe. I'm using the following example code below:
public class ThreadCreator
{
private ILifetimeScope _parentScope;
public ThreadCreator(ILifetimeScope parentScope)
{
this._parentScope = parentScope;
}
public void ThreadStart()
{
using (var threadLifetime = this._parentScope.BeginLifetimeScope())
{
var thisThreadsInstance = threadLifetime.Resolve<MyThreadScopedComponent>();
}
}
}
My current (non thread safe code) looks like this:
public class ReportService : IReportService
{
private readonly IEnumerable<Lazy<IReportGeneratorService, IReportGeneratorMetadata>> _reportGeneratorServices;
public ReportService(IEnumerable<Lazy<IReportGeneratorService, IReportGeneratorMetadata>> reportGeneratorServices)
{
_reportGeneratorServices = reportGeneratorServices;
}
public TestMethod(){
//Not thread safe when called inside a Parallel.ForEach
var reportServiceLazyLoad = _reportGeneratorServices.FirstOrDefault(s => s.Metadata.Name == myMetaDataName);
}
}
How can i resolve using metadata name property class in a thread safe manner? I can't figure out how utilize the threadLifeTime variable to resolve an instance of a service by MetaData.Name property filtering in a manner that is limited to the specific thread, basically converting the second block of code into the first block where its threadsafe.
Thank you!!