Visual Studio 2022 / ASP.NET Core 6 MVC : slow page loading

Viewed 218

I recently upgraded our ASP.NET Core 5 MVC project to .NET 6. This forces you to move from VS2019 to VS2022.

All was good until I noticed the load time for each view while debugging was consistently taking 2 seconds.

I initially concentrated on investigating the .NET 5 to .NET 6 upgrade but I found the same problem when comparing VS2019 to VS2022 with the .NET 5 version (pre-upgrade) - while debugging VS2019 loaded the views instantly and VS2022 took 2 seconds.

The published .NET 6 website runs very fast, so this is something to do with VS2022 default settings which slow the loading of controllers and views. I have gone through every post I could find to improve VS2022 performance with no luck.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I get the same 2 second load delay with "Start Without Debugging"

0 Answers
Related