Excel - Return specific values if condition if met, textjoin array

Viewed 33

I'm working on an Excel doc and really scratching my head about a problem I have.

I have 2 worksheets, Main and Report.

The formula I'm looking for is to search the relative candidate name in the report, search for any 'complete' courses, and return the course name(s), leaving out any which are not complete.

So far, I have got closest with this formula:

=TEXTJOIN(",",TRUE,IF(Report!E:E="Complete",IF([@[Candidate Name]]=Report[Candidate Name],Report[Course Name],""),""))

However for some reason, this will return the course name from the cell BELOW the completed course. Not sure if this is due to the nested IF statement.

Any help would be much appreciated!

HOW I WANT THE OUTCOME TO LOOK

MAIN

Candidate Name Course STATUS
Alex Safeguarding, Data Protection, COMPLETE
Ben Safeguarding COMPLETE

REPORT

Candidate Name Course STATUS
Alex Safeguarding COMPLETE
Alex Data Protection COMPLETE
Ben Safeguarding COMPLETE
Ben Data Protection Not Started
0 Answers
Related