RRule Repeating monthly calendar event on weekday only

Viewed 84

I have an recurring event on the 7th of each month but am struggling to find an RRule that I can put into a text editor and import into google calendar. I need the rule to put the event on the last week day if the 7th falls on a weekend. Thanks in advance.

1 Answers

Due to the fallback condition, I don't think you can achieve this only defining a RRULE, unfortunately.

RRULE in Google Calendar follows RFC 5545 specification.

With RFC 5545, regarding monthly recurrences, you can either set the recurring rule for a specific day of the month (e.g. always on the 7th of the month would be RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYMONTHDAY=7) or a specific offset of day of the week within a month (e.g. second to last weekday of the month would be RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR;BYSETPOS=-2).

Only using this specification, I don't believe there is a way to select the previous (or next) weekday in reference to the 7th day of the month.

However you can always achieve this by using a script to generate the dates or interpret an existing list you already have before insert them on Google Calendar.

Related