I am building a federated learning model using Tensorflow Federated. Based on what I have read in the tutorials and papers, I understood that the state-of-the-art method (FedAvg) is working by selecting a random subset of clients at each round.
My concern is:
- I am having a small number of clients. Totally I have 8 clients, I select 6 clients for training and I kept 2 for testing.
- All of the data are provided on my local device, so I am using the TFF as the simulation environment.
- If I use all of the 6 clients in all of the rounds during federated communication rounds, would this be a wrong execution of the FedAvg method?
- Note that I am planning also to use the same experiment used in this paper. That aims to use different server optimization methods and compare their performance. So, would (all clients participating procedure) works here or not?
Thanks in advance