I recently updated python to the latest version 3.10.5 on my Windows 10 desktop using pyenv-win. Everything went fine, except when I launched jupyter lab and found out I can't access the JSON settings editor anymore. I was following the same procedure as always:
- Launching jupyterlab from the terminal using the command
jupyter lab - Going to the settings menu and choosing Advanced Settings Editor
- The settings editor GUI is opened as always and I can change settings through the UI, but I prefer using the JSON settings file.
- On the top right of the settings editor there is a button to open the JSON Settings Editor. I click it and nothing happens. This button doesn't do anything. it used to open a text editor with all the JSON settings files. Now it simply does nothing.
I tried reinstalling jupyter lab completly, including removing every custom extension and reseting all setting to the default, and it didn't help. The JSON Settings Editor button still doesn't do anything.
Can anyone explain to me why this happens and how I can fix this?