Cloudflare and Google search console: Blocked due to access forbidden (403)

Viewed 212

I am using Cloudflare for a website I own, I am facing a problem in google search console when I use URL Inspection/Test live URL I get URL is not available to Google, Blocked due to access forbidden (403), but this error does not show up when I pause Cloudflare on site function in Cloudflare dashboard, I have updated robots.txt by adding Disallow: /cdn-cgi/ as recommended by CF but nothing changed, how to fix this problem, thank you.

1 Answers

Having run into this same issue today the following worked for me:

Go to Security -> Bots and then click on Configure Super Bot Fight Mode.

Here Verified bots was set to Block for some reason. Simply setting it to Allow has fixed the issue.

It worked fine over a week ago and I've asked everyone with access, no one said they have touched this settings or Cloudflare in general. How this setting was changed I'm afraid I'll never find out, but thankfully allowing verified bots fixed my issue.

Related