Slightly complex problem, but hopefully manageable.
Refer to this demo document before reading as I'll be referring to it throughout this post.
What I'm trying to accomplish: As seen in the demo document, I'm trying to insert "Sticker" images automatically if the following statements are correct:
- Within the "Master Sheet" sheet; If the "SKU" number (column 'E') is found on the 'PRICE CHANGE' sheet, Then look under Column 'K' on the 'PRICE CHANGE' sheet.
- Within the 'PRICE CHANGE' sheet; If the start of the of the text (on column 'K') start's with a number, find the number that matches on the 'Sticker Images' sheet under column 'B' and insert the image of the corresponding "Sticker" into the "Master Sheet" sheet.
In spoken terms: I want to fetch data from 'Master Sheet' sheet, refer that data to the 'Price Change' sheet, fetch more data from the 'Price Change' sheet, then refer that data to the 'Sticker Images' sheet, then finally bring the correct image from the 'Sticker Images' sheet and place the image in its correct spot on the 'Master Sheet' sheet.
Here are some visuals if my explanation still wasn't good enough
The problem I'm having: I can't seem to find a way to make the formula understand I'm looking for just the single value only at the START of the text on column 'K' within the 'PRICE CHANGE' sheet.
Here is the formula I'm using at the moment:
=IFERROR( VLOOKUP( IFERROR( LEFT( VLOOKUP( $E12, 'PRICE CHANGE'!$E$18:AC25, 12, 0), 1)), 'Sticker Images'!B:C, 2, 1))
Things to keep in mind:
- I cannot edit the 'PRICE CHANGE' sheet in any way.
- The "Men's Ultraboost 22 Running Shoe" should have a yellow sticker and the "Women's GEL-Kayano® 28 AWL Running Shoe" should have a red one (Just for validation/Check your work).
Thanks in advance for any answers/help!




