I installed a Parse Server on my Ubuntu server which is hosted by Digital Ocean. I set it up using this tutorial. I then added the dependencies to my android app and it connects perfectly. I can upload and retrieve data just fine.
In my case my app needs to know when a value has been changed in the database. I do not want to check the database every few seconds, which in my opinion is super dumb, inefficient and wasteful. I want to use the Push Notification feature but am stumped at how to set it up. I believe I have my Android app setup correctly, but I can't find any sense in the Parse documentation on how to setup the server side. For the most part I believe I need to set up the file according to this section. But it doesn't say where to save this file. I have looked hi and low and the file name index.js is often mentioned, but where do I find it. An ls in the home folder returns these files.
config.json logs nohup.out parse-dashboard-config.json
Any help would be greatly appreciated.