Send Reminder to User and inform him about his plan expiry Django

Viewed 25

Hi I want to create a payment plan expiry reminder using django

Current Solution

  • Create a management command
  • Run the management command as a cron job

Problems with the Current sollution

  • in windows cron job doesn't work
  • it will run at particular time for all the users
  • I don't want to run cron for every minute
  • But i want to notify the user when 50%,30%,20%,10% and 5% time is remaining.

What I'm looking for

  • I'm trying to do something that can be done using the expiry_date ('available in the membership model of user and plan ')
  • using which we can just look at the membership which are expiring and notify them only.
  • final and most important i don't want to run a cron job every minute , but want to achieve a functionality which lets the user even remind that you have just 10mins remaining ,5 mins remaining kind of notifications.
  • as the process is for learning I'm not looking for any paid API's
0 Answers
Related