Is it safe to target sdk version 33 (Android 13)?

Viewed 1985

So I have seen that Android 13 has been officially released. But, when I searched for it in the official page, I have seen that it appears as beta version: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platforms#13

So, my question is, is it better to wait some time so that it is safe to target that Android 13 version?

1 Answers

I would say - it depends on your app, but mostly sure, it's safe. For example, we faced a couple of issues with the notification permission and a foreground service and it took some time to fix and test it, and it's always better to test such things on a real device rather than an emulator with a strange behaviour coming from the newest system image. If you don't have any particular/hardware places which should be tested on a physical device only, then I think that it's safe enough - you'll have plenty of time to fix any random roughnesses :)

Related