I would like to be able to type a regular expression, for example ^.{2}06.{4,}$ into my individual column search bars. For reference I was able to do this when I was using the client side version of DataTables, but since switching over to server side to handle my larger table I haven't been able to replicate this.
Here is a link to the example I have built off of https://www.datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter.html
And here is my current code for the initialization of the table
var table = $('#results').dataTable({
processing: true,
serverSide: true,
ajax: 'getTable.php',
orderCellsTop: true,
fixedHeader: true,
"search" : { //this is what I have changed from the DataTables example//*
"regex": true //*
}, //*
createdRow: function ( row ) { //*
$(row).addClass("hover"); //*
}, //*
//***********************************************************************
initComplete: function () {
this.api()
.columns()
.every(function () {
var that = this;
$('input', this.footer()).on('keyup change clear', function () {
if (that.search() != this.value){
that.search( this.value ).draw();
//I have also tried setting the optional regex value of the
//search function to true with no success
//that.search( this.value , true ).draw();
}
});
});
}
});
If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated