How to look back a certain number of days for an indicator and how to only calculate logic upto the last complete bar (i.e. not the current bar)

Viewed 24

I'm relatively new to Pine and was having trouble with a couple of things.

So I've got a indicator that I want to look back for the last 5 full days of activity, however not each stock trades in the premarket/afterhours so I want to be able to look back say 5 days and then calculate the number of bars on the time frame (i.e. for a 5 min or hourly resolution). That way I can calculate the number of bars present on the current ticker for that time frame and adjust my indicator length (instead of just having a constant figure of 80 bars or whatever).

The second thing I want to do is only have the indicator update on the completion of a full bar (for example the hourly resolution). So I want it to only calculate up to x-1 bars. Right now I'm finding that it's updating on each new tick. ( I was able to figure this one out, just changed it from i= 0 to length -1 to i=1 to length).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, A

0 Answers
Related