I didn't find any lucene forums, so this was the only relevant place to ask this question. Hope for the best.
These are the steps of indexing in Lucene given in our syllabus-:
I understand the second step clearly. But I don't understand the first and third step. It's not mentioned clearly in this figure imo.
Can you clear my confusion?
Plus the sources that I refer don't even mention it like this, they explain it differently. I'm not sure from where this is copied from.
What are we doing in first vs third step as written in that figure text?
Why was indexwriter created first and not used later? Because according to my information that I've collected, you can also use indexwriter to add/remove/update indexes. So, we could just use it for the purpose. What're they doing in that figure?
This information is originally written by a no-name person so I can't ask anyone.