I am wanting to create a report that shows incorrect data and I am needing to find out a way to join on a table that has similar data but different identifiers. The identifiers need to be the same. So I'd like to use MAX() to get the highest number identifier and then update the records to reflect that.
So my data looks sort of like this:
ID PRE IDENTIFIER
123456789 ABC 1176109555
123456789 ABC 1430842555
123456789 ABC 1572290555
123456789 ABC 1651845555
123456789 ABC 2099393555
111111111 ABC 5555393555
So if an ID has more than one identifier I'd like for it t be returned like so:
IDENTIFIER CORRECTED IDENTIFIER
1176109555 2099393555
1430842555 2099393555
1572290555 2099393555
1651845555 2099393555
left column excludes the max() identifier while the right column would have that max () identifier for each other one listed. The 111111111 is not included because it does not have more than one identifier