Deno 500 error from dev.jspm.io installing dependencies

Viewed 143

I'm trying to run my first deno script which is pretty much from the denoDB docs, it just tries to connect to a database with a SQLite3 connector (I'm on a Macbook pro so it should be installed):

import { Database, SQLite3Connector } from 'https://deno.land/x/denodb/mod.ts';

const connector = new SQLite3Connector({
  filepath: './db.sqlite',
});

export const db = new Database(connector);

I'm running deno run api/db.ts and I get this error after a few successful downloads:

Download https://deno.land/std@0.149.0/encoding/hex.ts

Download https://deno.land/std@0.149.0/hash/_wasm/lib/deno_hash.generated.mjs

error: Import 'https://dev.jspm.io/inherits@2.0' failed: 500 Internal Server Error at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Zhomart/dex/930253915093e1e08d48ec0409b4aee800d8bd0c/lib-dyn/deps.ts:4:26

I've deleted my /Users/<me>/Library/Caches/deno/deps/https and reran the script a few times but I still can't get past this. In my browser trying to follow the URL https://dev.jspm.io/inherits@2.0 does give me an error. What is going on here? There's not much code and I imagine it's not broken for everybody. What do I need to do to get this script to run without issues?

EDIT: it seems to be a library error https://github.com/eveningkid/denodb/issues/348

1 Answers

This is an error caused by a nested depedency, from a project that is not maintained. See this for more info: [https://jspm.org/jspm-dev-release] The point is dev.jspm.io is now jspm.dev

A way to fix this is to fork and update depedencies.

Another thing, if you're not using deno deploy, you can just use this as a replacement for your denodb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joeldesante/denodb/master/mod.ts

Just note that this script is no more maintained either, but it will fix your problem

Edit I just made a dirty quick fix for deno deploy use this as a depedency isntead of denodb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ninjinskii/denodb/master/mod.ts

Again, i may not maintain this script forever.

The best thing that can happen is an update from these libs maintainers

Related