After following the examples in https://datatables.net/reference/api/row().child(), I got this working in one project. Now im working on a new one, and everything was fine until the .show() came up with the error 'Property 'show()' does not exist on type Api' I followed the example and my imports seem to be up to date (this function has been in datatables since 1.10) so I dont know what could be wrong. This is in a typescript file, but as far as im aware everything still works like javascript. The function doesnt get upset if I do row.child().show(), but when I put the format function in it doesnt like that. Im still new to programming, so any help is super welcome :) My HTML Table:
<table id="duckTable" class="display" cellspacing="0" width="80%">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Select</th>
<th>Id</th>
<th>Name</th>
<th>Type</th>
</tr>
</thead>
</table>
My JS table:
var duckTable = $('#duckTable').DataTable({
"ajax": {
"url": "/Ducks/getDucks",
"type": "GET",
"dataSrc":""
},
paging: false,
ordering: false,
info: false,
"columns": [
{
className: 'dropdown',
orderable: false,
data: null,
defaultContent: '',
},
{ "data": "id" },
{ "data": "name" },
{ "data": "type" }
],
order: [[1, 'asc']],
"columnDefs": [
{
"render": function (data, type, row) {
var status = row.status;
var editButton = "<i name=" + row.id + " class=\"open-table\" style=\"padding-left:27px; padding-top:10px;\">↓</i> ";
if (status == null || status === 'D') {
return editButton;
} else {
return "";
}
},
"targets": 0
},
{"width": "10%", "targets":0},
]
});
My function:
function format(d) {
return ('<div>Still doesnt work</div>');
}
$('#duckTable tbody').on('click', 'td.dropdown', function () {
var tr = $(this).closest('tr');
var row = duckTable.row(tr);
if (row.child.isShown()) {
// This row is already open - close it
row.child.hide();
tr.removeClass('shown');
}
else {
// Open this row (the format() function would return the data to be shown)
row.child(format(row.data())).show();//this throws the error
tr.addClass('shown');
}
});