How to Update a Microsoft Teams Bot Messaging Endpoint with code?

Viewed 100
1 Answers

I had a chat just last week with someone else about this - see How to add authentication to a Bot Framework v4 project without Azure Bot Service?

In essence, the "bot portal" is basically just provisioning things for you behind the scenes in the Azure portal in any case - I'd suggest rather just doing everything in Azure directly. In any, the Microsoft Bot "Framework" conceptually consists of two pieces - code samples + SDKs, and a backend core service that underlies every bot. As a result, bot "Framework" bots also have a "Bot Service" backend. Note that, by itself, this does not include hosting for the bot, just a central service registration to handle the traffic routing, security, etc.

Please have a read of the blog post I refer in that other question - it (hopefully) gives a good overview.

In answer to your question directly - az bot should be fine to use, specifically https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/azure/bot?view=azure-cli-latest#az-bot-update

Related