Select the target application does not appear in vscode

Viewed 102

I use vscode a lot to write scripts for Adobe applications, and in recent days when I opened vscode, the button with the yellow inscription "Select the target application" that appears in the status bar at the bottom of the vscode window suddenly disappeared, and in its place another button appeared with the inscription "Eval in Adobe".

I tried to Google it, I tried to check in the plugin settings if there is a setting that causes this, and also I tried to install previous versions of the plugin, but to no avail.

Please enlighten my eyes and explain to me how to get it back.

1 Answers

I'm not sure if there is a way to get it back, but it should give you the same functionality as before.

The new 'Eval in Adobe' button, after clicking, should give a dropdown of all possible Adobe Apps that you can run your program in.

Alternatively you can go into the Debug panel and click 'Run and Debug'. Then select 'Extendscript' then 'Attach'. At that point it will give you the same Adobe App selection choice.

The button will change to orange and say 'Eval in Adobe (Program Name Here)'. You can then use it to immediately enter debug without having to reselect your target application.

Related