For a SSRS report, I need to produce the full customer address formatted as:
Customer Name
Address 1
Address 2
City, State ZIP
Country
My problem is that sometimes "Address 2" has a value and sometimes not. When it doesn't have a value, then it will display like this, with an unwanted gap:
Customer Name
Address 1
City, State ZIP
Country
I have several datasets in this SSRS report, for the address, they are individual VB expressions (not tablix or textbox) so I would like to solve it using a formula in the expression.
Right now I have an expression that displays "Address 1" then creates a line break before displaying "Address 2", example:
=First(Fields!Address_1.Value, "InvoiceData") & vbcrlf &
First(Fields!Address_2.Value, "InvoiceData")
So I think the solution is to change the coding so that the line break and showing "Address 2" is conditional based on whether or not "Address 2" has a value, but I'm not sure how to code that with proper syntax.
Please keep in mind, I need to refer to the DataSet "InvoiceData" in any suggested solution.
I also did explore turning on "ConsumeContainerWhitespace" on the report, this did not take care of it however.
Thank you.