using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
public class MakePipe : MonoBehaviour
{
public GameObject pipe;
float timer = 0;
// Start is called before the first frame update
void Start()
{
}
// Update is called once per frame
void Update()
{
timer += Time.deltaTime;
if (timer > 1)
{
Instantiate(pipe);
timer = 0;
}
}
}
I am trying to instantiate pipes using prefab, and with the code, a new set of pipes should spawn and move left from the original position where the first set of pipes spawned, but they are not visible.
They are generated as clones in the hierarchy, but when I double-click them to check the position, it points towards the first pipe position.
My guess is that new clones are generated and overlapped in the first pipe as they move together.
Please help
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't add a separate cs code 'move', I should have added gif.. The following code is to move the pipe left with certain speed. There is no problem there. However from the 'MakePipe' code that I originally posted, I used instantiate to keep reproducing the pipe. Maybe I should add some lines to 'Start()' part to set original spawn location?
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
public class Move : MonoBehaviour
{
public float speed;
// Start is called before the first frame update
void Start()
{
}
// Update is called once per frame
void Update()
{
transform.position += Vector3.left * speed * Time.deltaTime;
// Debug.Log(transform.position);
}
}
I had to delete photos because error message tells me I should have more than 10 reps to edit :(


