How do I set up PhpStorm to show code coverage for Jest AND PhpUnit?

Viewed 96

Web Framework: Laravel 6

IDE: PhpStorm

Other:

  • Inertia.js
  • Vue.js

Testing:

  • Backend: PhpUnit
  • Frontend: Jest

On my Laravel 6 project, I'm using Inertia to connect Laravel to Vue. In my root folder, I have my phpunit.xml and jest.config.ts. My IDE is PhpStorm.

For backend testing, I have a "tests" folder that comes with every Laravel 6 folder. This uses PhpUnit.

For frontend testing, I have a "__tests__" folders in root/resources/js. This uses Jest.

When I run (with coverage) a configuration for either Jest or PhpUnit, it will ask me if I want to replace active suites. No, I don't want to replace them. I want to see the percentages of all my files' coverage, both frontend and backend.

My file directory after running PhpUnit

Ideally, I should also see percents of coverage next to the "resources" folder. However, when I run Jest with coverage, I have no choice but to replace the percentages next to "app" and "base".

My file directory after running Jest

This is what the dialog looks like.

code coverage dialog

As it stands, I can only look at one at a time, and if I want to look at the other suite, I must run with coverage again.

Is there any way I can configure it where I can see it all at once?

0 Answers
Related