I have a problem with this function:
func fetchGameFromDB(completionHandler: @escaping ([GamesObject]) -> Void) {
db.collection("games").getDocuments { (querySnapshot, err) in
if let err = err {
print("Error: \(err)")
} else {
self.gameObject = []
for document in querySnapshot!.documents {
print("document \(document.data())")
if let name = document.data()["name"] as? String {
let docRef = self.db.collection("games").document(name)
docRef.getDocument { document, error in
if let document = document {
let data = document.data()
let name = data?["name"] as? String ?? ""
let urlStanding = data?["urlStanding"] as? String ?? ""
let img = data?["gameImg"] as? String ?? ""
let urlUpcoming = data?["urlUpcoming"] as? String ?? ""
self.gameObject.append(GamesObject(name: name, gameImg: img, urlStanding: urlStanding, urlUpcoming: urlUpcoming))
// here i have elements in gameObject
}
// here i have elements in gameObject
}
// here gameObject = []
}
// here gameObject = []
}
completionHandler(self.gameObject)
// here gameObject = []
}
}
}
I get my data well and I add it to my array but when I get to the completionHandler the array is empty.