Failed to obtain schema in self reference check while using openapi generator

Viewed 44

I wrote an openapi specification and now I want to generate a client for it.

openapi.yaml

So I went with openapi generator and generated a typescript-axios client using this command:

openapi-generator-cli generate -g typescript-axios -i openapi.yaml -o src/client

However while generating I got a lot of errors, most of them being related to self reference check

[main] ERROR o.o.codegen.utils.ModelUtils - Failed to obtain schema from `createdAt` in self reference check
[main] ERROR o.o.codegen.utils.ModelUtils - Failed to obtain schema from `lastModified` in self reference check
[main] ERROR o.o.codegen.utils.ModelUtils - Failed to obtain schema from `lastModified` in self reference check
[main] ERROR o.o.codegen.utils.ModelUtils - Failed to obtain schema from `slink` in self reference check
[main] ERROR o.o.codegen.utils.ModelUtils - Failed to obtain schema from `slink` in self reference check
[main] ERROR o.o.codegen.utils.ModelUtils - Failed to obtain schema from `id` in self reference check

Then I checked the generated src/client, and it was full of type errors and import errors. e.g.

import { Id } from './Id';

while there's no Id.ts

I understand it is because of the use of many self-referencing in my spec, but I need them. It is almost possible to have no self-references.

I searched for help but did not find much useful information.

So is it possible that I can somehow fix it or use another tool? Thanks a lot.

0 Answers
Related