Get access of google sheets of other account

Viewed 38

Is it possible to access the google sheet of other account like that of my colleague based on my service account? I am trying to automate google sheets with Python but most of my sheets are not in one account but on other accounts. I was wondering if I could interact with all of them based on one service account? I am using gspread library for my automation.

1 Answers
  • You can access the Google Spreadsheet(s) of your colleague if they have been shared with you or are all contained in a folder that has been shared with you. Depending on what you would like to do, most likely you need an editor permission.
  • In the same way, your service account can access the Google Spreadsheet(s) of your colleague if they have been shared with or are all contained in a folder that has been shared with your service account.
Related