Please bear with me!
So I have a site that I'm currently trying to retrieve File Names from. We will use Example.com as the site name for example...
I am using Robot Framework to log into the site and then proceed into the correct destination where the Folders / Files Names live. My automation needs to go to the correct Folder where this file lives and then modify changes if needed.
At this point, I'm at the path example.com/applications/folders/ which shows me the following:
Folder1
Folder2
etc...
So now, I was planning to type out a Python script to iterate through each folder / sub-folder and grab the file names BUT, when I click under the Network Tab and then played around with the Request URL, it seems like it might be an undocumented API but I may be completely wrong. The Request URL looks something like this:
http://example.com/exp/api/app/objects/appFolder/?brief=true
Since I noticed the keyword "api" in the request URL, is it safe to assume that there's an API that I can utilize? Working with this site and wasn't given an API documentation so I have no clue what I'm doing in terms of correct REST calls.
Just to add, I'm not too familiar with the content inside the Network Tab (so anything to do with Name, Status, Type, Initiator, Size, etc) is all new to me and would appreciate a link or anything that helped you understand what in the world is going on when you click anywhere.
Anyways, is there a method using Robot Framework I can use to tackle this? I have an idea on what to do but not sure what approach to take in terms of retrieving the File Names.
Thanks guys.