Angular Version Update Not Reflected

Viewed 40

I've been following this Angular guide (https://update.angular.io/?l=3&v=8.2-12.0) to upgrade the Angular version of my project from 9 to 10 (12 ultimately) but when I execute ng --version command it still shows 9.1.13.

I have provided links to two images. The first one showing the update from Angular version 9 to 10 and the second showing the current Angular version of the project.

Upgrade Angular Version

Current Angular Version

Anyone know what may be the issue?

1 Answers

If you are running ng --version command outside of your project folder and you have global @angular/cli installed on your machine, so maybe it's normal.

You can have a specific @angular/cli version installed for your project and another global installed on your PC.

Try to run npm i -g @angular/cli@12.2.18 and then run your ng --version

It will install a global @angular/cli@12.2.18 on your PC. No matter on witch folder you are.

Related