I have a simple scatterplot with two datasets: active and passive:
const data = {
"datasets": [{
"label": "Active",
"sentences": [
"A1",
"A2",
"A3"
],
"data": [
[
"0.4340433805869016",
"0.12813240157479788"
],
[
"-0.39983629799199083",
"0.12125799115087213"
],
[
"-0.04289228113339527",
"0.10106119377169194"
]
],
"borderColor": "#43a047",
"backgroundColor": "#7cb342"
},
{
"label": "Passive",
"sentences": [
"P1",
"P2",
"P3"
],
"data": [
[
"0.4295487808020268",
"0.19271652809947026"
],
[
"-0.4438451670978469",
"-0.08848766134414247"
],
[
"-0.10789534989054622",
"0.08013654263956245"
]
],
"borderColor": "#1e88e5",
"backgroundColor": "#039be5"
}
],
"labels": []
};
new Chart(document.getElementById("sentences"), {
type: "scatter",
data: data,
options: {
responsive: true,
plugins: {
legend: {
position: "top",
},
tooltip: {
callbacks: {
label: ctx => ctx.dataset.sentences[ctx.dataIndex]
}
}
}
}
});
(https://jsfiddle.net/br5dhpwx/)
Currently this renders fine as is:
However, I want to draw a line between the corresponding data points on mouseover. I.e. A1-P1, A2-P2, A3-P3, etc.
It should look something like this:
I tried to use the setHoverStyle event, but, so far, wasn't successful.

