I'm just starting win STM32 and am trying to write some code which tries to accept input from user keypress, and vary the blink-rate of 2 LEDs or blink them alternatively, or at the same time.
So, I have 3 Keys(2 keys each for inc/dec, and one key for mode), and 2 LEDs.
The loop section looks something like this:
/* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */
const uint32_t step = 50u;
const uint32_t max_interval = 500u;
uint32_t interval = max_interval;
short mode = 0;
while (1)
{
volatile GPIO_PinState wakeup = HAL_GPIO_ReadPin(WAKEUP_GPIO_Port, WAKEUP_Pin);
mode = (wakeup == GPIO_PIN_RESET? 0: 1);
if(mode == 1) {
HAL_GPIO_WritePin(LED2_GPIO_Port, LED2_Pin, GPIO_PIN_RESET);
}
HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(LED2_GPIO_Port, LED2_Pin);
HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(LED2_GPIO_Port, LED3_Pin);
volatile GPIO_PinState key0 = HAL_GPIO_ReadPin(KEY0_GPIO_Port, KEY0_Pin);
volatile GPIO_PinState key1 = HAL_GPIO_ReadPin(KEY1_GPIO_Port, KEY1_Pin);
if(key0 == GPIO_PIN_RESET)
interval -= (interval==step? 0: step);
if(key1 == GPIO_PIN_RESET)
interval += (interval==max_interval? 0: step);
HAL_Delay(interval);
/* USER CODE END WHILE */
/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
}
Now, depending on the HAL_Delay(interval), the loop would get a chance to check for key-input, whose purpose is to control the blink rate. Is there some way, I can untie this latency for key-input? The microcontroller in question is STM32F407VET6, and I'm using CubeIDE. It would be nice to have a single-threaded solution.